I’ve been using this oil for a while now and it is absolutely worth giving it a try. The oil has a strong smell and can be used for a wide range of different purposes. It’s great for external use and can be found at bio shops.
The oil is taken from the narrow-leaved-tea-tree, which grows in Australia, and is used by the aboriginals for a long time already for a variety of medical conditions. When the Europeans discovered Australia, the oil got more common and is now almost everywhere available.
- Tea Tree oil is great as an acne treatment. I add a drop or two on a cotton swab and just spot treat on the skin, as you really want to minimalize the amount of oil you use, the next morning I really notice a difference!
- The tea tree essential oil is great for hair care because of its stimulant property. Just dilute the oil with a bit of water and massage some drops into the scalp. You could also add a few drops to your own shampoo or some coconut oil.
- For happy and healthy feet, add a few drops to some lukewarm water and soak your feet. The oil is great for eliminating bacteria and also leaves the feet with a nice smell. You can also massage the product onto the cuticles for healthy nails and against fungus.
- This essential oil encourages blood flow, which causes the healing process and growth of new tissue and cells to advance.
- Last but not least, the oil can be used as a natural insect repellent because of its strong smell.
Like you can see, tea tree oil is a great product, but there are some drawbacks. Tea tree oil has a toxic effect when used in high concentrations and can cause allergic reactions. My tip is to first test out a tiny bit on the hand to see if you are allergic. When everything goes well, use the product in small concentrations (a few drops max) and never for internal use as it might be toxic.
When these steps are followed, you should be able to use the oil safely. If you have any other ways to benefit from this oil, leave a comment below. Also, check out my other social media platforms and follow the blog to stay updated!